Do You Have Problems Taking Your Medications?
We have found that many people actually want to take their medicine as directed but don’t because they can’t swallow or their prescriptions cause intolerable side effects.
Our compounding pharmacy can help! Customized medications can help people to receive the medications they need and get better faster. Here are some of the problems that interfere with therapy, and how our compounding pharmacist can help:
• Gastrointestinal upset caused by oral medications: we can usually compound the needed medication into a transdermal gel so that the medication can be absorbed systemically but bypasses the GI tract.
• Bad taste or texture: we can flavor medication in a solution, suspension, lollipop, or lozenge.
• Difficulty swallowing or nothing permitted by mouth: medications can be compounded into dosage forms that are not commercially available, such as a topical/transdermal cream or gel, or a rectal suppository.
• Difficulty breaking tablets or measuring a dose: we can compound medications in the dose that is most appropriate for a specific patient.
• Allergies or sensitivities to dyes, lactose, sugar, alcohol or preservatives: our specially trained professionals can compound medications that are free of problem-causing excipients.
We work together with physicians and other health care professionals and their patients, and customize medications to meet each patient’s unique needs.